Photo by Ana Venture.
I’m Jennifer Li. Here are a few things about me, in no particular order:
- Originally from Chinatown, New York. Now in Oakland, CA.
- I color my own hair. I have a professional bleach it, but I add color at home.
- My cat once got retweeted 12,000 times.
- I once got a racist and misogynistic pick-up artist’s Visa denied in 6 countries, and kicked him out of 10 venues in less than a month. You can read about it here.
- I’ve passed a few laws. This was all done through Rise, and organization founded by 2019 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee Amanda Nguyen. Here are the laws I’ve passed so far:
- The Federal Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights (2016)
- California’s Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights (2017)
- 2 New York laws NY Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights (2018)
- Pennslyvania Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights (2019)
- I really like cats, tea, plants, and Sailor Moon. I have a number of tattoos, and two of them are Sailor Moon themed.
- My family owns a butcher shop. I grew up cashiering for our store, and handling meat (they didn’t let me near the cleaver anymore because I wasn’t very good chopping the meat).
- I’m an out-of-practice “artist”. Some of my work has gone viral and been featured in various publications and museums.
- I was featured on Apartment Therapy! Check out the tour here.
- For 9 years, I was a digital and communications strategist for labor unions.
- I can individually raise either one of my eyebrows.
- I’m generally allergic to bullshit.